Monday, July 14, 2008

Selling to Women


Here's an example of what Tyra Banks teaches the young ladies on America's Next Top Model, when they're not posing as homeless people or with reptiles. The slumped shoulders, awkward angles, and googly eyes is not so much a premeditated pose as it is my state of being, me and awkward are like rice and beans. This picture is from an event and evening of my life that actually was interesting AND exciting- my first opening at the Met! My friends and I saw the J.M.W. Turner exhibit, which we turned into a fifty yard dash to the open bar. I always envisioned a slow descent down the main staircase, brushing scapulas with Anna Wintour and Graydon Carter, and spitting out caviar a la Tom Cruise in Big. Instead, I stormed the hors d'oeuvres table like literally running and piling as many cocktail napkins as our little hands could carry and hiding in the corner of the Robert Lehman Collection. The caterers laughed at us, the guests who were properly invited wouldn't look at us. Selling to women indeed.

No comments: